Download and install Office for Mac and Outlook for Mac
Because of Microsoft’s partnership with Franklin University and Urbana University, the full version of Microsoft Office has now been made available to you free of charge. It can be downloaded directly from the Office 365 Portal (the same place where you access your Franklin University/Urbana University online email). The download includes the latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, Outlook, and other software. These applications may be installed on up to 5 devices.
Here are a few things to note before choosing to install the Office applications in this manner:
•This download will always contain the latest version of the full Office suite, and it may override any existing installations of Office that you have on your computer. The Help Desk will not be able to assist you with recovering your previous version of Office if you decide to install this version.
•The licensing for these products is dependent on your account with Franklin University or Urbana University. After your studies or employment at Franklin or Urbana University have concluded, your Microsoft Office license is subject to deactivation and the software’s functionality will become limited.
For any questions or concerns, please contact the Technology Help Desk at email@example.com or by phone at 1-866-435-7006.
Install Office for Mac 1. Log into your Franklin or Urbana email using the Outlook Web App (mail.franklin.edu OR mail.urbana.edu). Then click on the gear icon in the upper right hand side of the window. Choose Office 365 settings.
2. Click on the setting icon (looks like a gear). Search for "software" and select the Software option.
3. On the Office page, select a Language, and then choose Install. This will install Office for Mac 2016.
4. After the disk image file finishes downloading, select the .dmg file to open the Office installer.
5. Accept the license agreement and enter your Mac password to start installing.
6. On the Welcome to Office: mac screen, select Sign in to an existing Office 365 Subscription, and then sign in with your Office 365 work or school account:
Franklin Staff, Faculty, or Adjunct - <firstname>.<lastname>@franklin.edu (FORMAT)
Franklin Student - <username>@email.franklin.edu (FORMAT)
Urbana Staff, Faculty, or Adjunct - <firstname>.<lastname>@urbana.edu (FORMAT)
Urbana Student - <username>@urbana.edu (FORMAT)